6/20/07

Well hello there...

As with the rest of my generation, I decided to enter the blog-o-sphere.

There's really not all that much significance to the title. I will be turning the big 3-0 in March '08, so my blog's title will really only be relevant for about nine more months. As far growing up is concerned, I'm not necessarily worried about what I have or have not done in my time on this earth, but it seems 2008 could be a big year in my life. Or I am hoping so at least.

I have made the (possibly stupid) decision to run a marathon in January '08. Everyone is asking me why, so I am telling them that I want to do it before I turn 30. Truth is, I just want to do it at some point. But since I need a reason to run a marathon, this upcoming milestone birthday seems excuse enough. So the marathon/running/training factor will be an oft-discussed topic here.

2 comments:

Arcane said...

Welcome to blog land! I actually had the same goal as you back when I was 29 to run a marathon before I turned 30. Unfortunately I decided to do it 3 months before the birthday. Didn't quite make it when it was clear there was no way I was going to be able to do it, but did end up running one a month and a half after turning 30. Good luck!

Amy said...

I did the same thing...my blog's original title was 30YOF Seeks Marathon to Run...now I'm 31...I changed the title to Amy' running Life but don't want to go thru the hassle of actually getting a new blogger address!

Good luck on your goal!