7/14/08

Bonjour! Je suis en forme.

I am happy to report that I got off my butt on Saturday afternoon and spent some quality time at the cardio room. I actually ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes but I won't say the mileage I completed, as it is a bit embarassing. But my shins didn't fall off and I felt pretty good considering it was my first run in almost a month proper. I did some ab work and something that might pass as a quad workout. I did feel good enough when it was over to start planning my workouts for the week.


I also got in some more treadmill time this morning. Before my workout, I was browsing iTunes for a new podcast or something to listen to, and I happened upon the Coffee Break French Series. It's free and I thought it might be fun to brush up on it - you know, because it is so useful and practical to know French where I live. And I often count to one hundred and then backwards en francais during a run to pass the time. Maybe I need to throw some verbs to conjugate into the mix. I really enjoyed the change of pace, although I am sure I looked quite the fool mouthing "Ca va? Ca va tres bien!" to myself over and over. I plan on having lesson two downloaded and ready for my run tomorrow, oui!

*Note that the guy/tower in the picture actually attached his race bib to his tower instead of to his shirt. That's dedication to your costume.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on sammoon.com. Look sawesome!