4/4/08

Chocolate and Cash

Still not much going on around here. Rain. More rain. But I guess we need it, so I shouldn't complain. Ooh, check out that rhyme!

I actually have been doing a bit of a nutrition experiment. I'm trying to drop my sugar intake. I have been doing quite a bit of reading on the matter, and I am wondering if it is one of the factors that might be giving me sleep problems. Oh, and it is giving me a little buddah belly as well. I always thought that the being addicted to sugar stuff was baloney, but now I am kind of thinking it might be true. I had really bad headaches on Monday and Tuesday. Five days into the experiment, my sugar cravings had dropped to record lows.

I gave myself some daily goals - one fruit and one veggie per day, try to cut down on processed foods, check labels for amounts of sugar, etc. If I do all that, I get one treat a day. The fancy grocery store had fancy dark chocolate on sale - .50 for a one ounce bar. I stocked up, and that is my treat at the end of the day. I guess I really need structure.

And it is looking like a freelance job is going to come through and for the money I was hoping for. I wouldn't start it until July, but that is okay. I know money doesn't buy happiness, but the prospect of having it damn sure puts me in a better mood.

No comments: