4/9/08

Conversation Pace

Went for a run this morning with my neighbor. It was a very slow run, easy for conversation. I was pleasantly surprise to map it out and find out that we did close to four miles. I took no watch or Garmin, so I have no idea what our pace was. So conversation pace.

Spring is springing, which can only mean one thing. Okay, it could mean any number of things, but in my current world, that means it is prom season. Our dorm is buzzing with upcoming prom news. "OMG (they actually say O.M.G.), who are you going with, where are you getting your hair done, can we fit one more person in the stretch limo/Hummer?" I happened upon the receipt of the dress of one girl, and it was (including alterations) $1071. Yeah, you read that correctly. ONE THOUSAND & SEVENTY-ONE DOLLARS. I have yet to see this dress made of platinum and unicorn hair, but for that price it should be a sight to behold. We did it up right back in the day, but we did it much cheaper. And we went to post-prom parties in fields and some old barn. Ahh good times.

I hope to get myself up tomorrow morning for another run. Today was the first one in eight days, so I don't want to mess up the cosmos in going for two in a row.

2 comments:

audgepodge said...

O.M.G. - I think it is so funny that teens speak in "text". :P

I tried speaking that way with a friend once for fun (sad, I know) and I got all twisted and confused.

And $1K prom dresses! What is the world coming to? I refuse to watch "Sweet Sixteen" on MTV - it's just too depressing.

Before I'm 35 said...

I have not yet seen the dress in question, but I bet it will be unattractive. I will update if necessary.