5/18/08

Whew, that was a grueling four hours out of my weekend working the swim meet. When the timer would start, I would check to make sure the scoreboard clock started. When the race was over, I would hit "reset," and then advance the heat or event number. But I work with computers, so I was able to catch on quite easily. My reward was the Special Guadalajara from the Mexican joint down the street, so it was worth it.

I got in four miles this morning. It was good. The usual feeling of "why I am I doing this," followed by the "oh yeah, that's why," after I got the second mile done. I am going to shoot for 6 miles tomorrow. The right hip is a little sore tonight, so I might wait until Tuesday to do the long run. I was really worried that the Moon Pie 10 Miler wasn't going to happen, on account of my not running so much. But the plan is actually still in place and I am excited about hitting that mileage again.

We've got two 5k's coming up in the next few weeks in town, so I should be able to get one of those two done. Not much else going on in these parts.

The hydrangea (and the petunias, the geranium, and the impatiens) that I potted on my porch last weekend has now survived seven whole days under my supervision. My porch on my apartment way back in North Carolina looked like a jungle. I will be adding some window boxes this week to try to duplicate that look.

Here are two pictures to show my overgrown back porch from our apartment in Cary:

These pictures also illustrate my husband and our good friend Dave enjoying brews and cigars on our porch. Surrounded by flowers.

No comments: