6/5/08

Potpourri (for $1000, Alex)

Kettle bells class last night. I am sore today, but not like I have been the past two weeks. I think I finally got my form right on most of the exercises, so that made it seem much easier (although it was still a hard workout).

I am set for a 10K next weekend. I've even paid and registered for it. Not my usual "Oh I'll just register day-of," which always results in me sleeping all morning neither registering for, nor running the event.

I hope to do Tuesday's busted 8-miler this Saturday or Sunday, a usual week of 4 mile runs, and then the 10K next weekend. The weekend after that is the 10 Mile event. See that? That's my version of taper!

I may be getting myself some new shoes this weekend. I've got about 350 miles on my current pair and the soles are looking a bit worn. I wondered during the walk of shame the other day if maybe that was the cause of my back pain. Perhaps. I have loved my Saucony ProGrid Triumph 4, but I don't know that I will go with the new version (the aptly titled "ProGrid Triumph 5") whenever I do buy. For the first 100 miles on the current pair, I was having wicked blister issues - I had to tape my feet up for even a four mile run. When my left knee went wonky in November, I added some insoles which helped the knee greatly, AND I haven't had a blister since. During the marathon I only had one teeny tiny one on my heel. So the fact that I had to add the insole makes me think I should go with a different model next time. I am sure the sales guy at the running store will let me know that you should NEVER use those insoles from Walgreen's and that I'm lucky that my feet didn't just fall right off of my body.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I randomly found your blog not too long ago, and I just wanted to say that I had terrible blister issues with my pro grid triumph 4's, too - were they on your arch?

Before I'm 35 said...

They were on my arch! I could not figure out what it was. I spent a small fortune on fancy socks to try to help, but it never did. They only stopped appearing after I added the insoles.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that your shoes were giving you blisters too, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that got them on my arches. I found I had 2 pairs of socks that I could wear and without leading to full blown blisters...