6/25/08

Potpourri for $200, Alex

Not much going on here. Certainly not running, I can say that. I've gotten in about 2.8 miles since last Monday. I'm in a bit of down cycle I guess. I am going shoe shopping later today, so I am guessing mileage will pick back up.

Last week I had a job offer from a very nice (although very low on the salary side of things*) place. I then did the dickhead thing and used that to get the job I wanted to get their stuff in gear and offer me what I was hoping for from them. I actually feel really bad about it and I hope that I haven't hurt my rep in this market (it's a small market, so everyone knows everyone in the biz here). I know that people do things like that all the time and it's just how things work, but I still feel bad. I will get stuff started up with the jobby job in mid-July.

The family will be in town for this afternoon for a whirlwind visit. So the tiny apartment will have the addition three extra people and a basset hound that has so many hang ups she needs to see a shrink. Dr. Katz perhaps??? Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

*It's not their fault really - as much as I love this city, it's not much of a market for the big bucks in production/editing

No comments: