7/9/08

Whiney McWhinerstein

I'm still flying high on accomplishment of having run 0 miles in the last three weeks. But I did go to my kettlebells class tonight. Surely that 45 minutes is workout enough until next Wednesday's class.

I'm still in a bit of a funk I guess. The addition of two new pairs of running shorts a few weeks ago only sent me to the elliptical machine one time, and that's it. I haven't even taken the tags off the other pair. I have to go to my husband's high school reunion at the end of September and there happens to be a 5K in Raleigh that Saturday. Perhaps I could sign up for and train for that. Part of me digs the idea of trying to actually get faster and set a PR, something I've never done technically, as I've only run the usual races distances (5K, 10K, 15K, half, full) exactly one time each. OR, I could sit on the couch and enjoy M*A*S*H reruns most of the night.

If someone were to tell me this exact problem, I would probably tell them, or think it in a very snarky manner at the very least, to just STFU and do it. Alright self, get to it.

1 comment:

audgepodge said...

I've been in a similar funk as well. But this week, I'm going to get back on the train - best of luck to both of us! :)