8/20/08

On Monday, I ran OUTSIDE. This was big for me. I think it was my first outside run in a good 6 weeks. 2.5 miles, 25:45. The run was a nice reminder that it is time for new shoes. I am getting blisters in new, exciting places on my feet and I now have right around 400 miles on this pair.

School has started and I will happily go on record saying that I think they have WAY TOO MUCH homework. They had too much for the first half-day at least. We had several meltdowns in the dorm on Monday night, but I think they are sort-of, kind-of adjusting a bit.

I actually have a somewhat interesting post in the works, but this is all I have in the tank this morning. Maybe more after I have my coffee...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, yeah, I noticed Piersol... and pretty much every male swimmer. I can't complain about looking at any of them. :) It's just sad that now we have to wait another 4 years!

Pam B said...

My name is Pam with Soles4Souls a shoe charity in Nashville and I noticed your Tennessee connection.

We are having our first 10/5K run on 9-13-08, so I thought you might be interested. Check out our website, please pass the word to fellow runners...if you think they might be interested!

http://www.soles4souls.org/running_team/s4s_run.html

Blessings!

Laurel said...

Congratulations on the outdoor run! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Just wanted to say thank you for the well wishes a couple of months ago. We're doing much better and getting our lives back to "normal".

Hope you're doing great!