11/21/08

An Indescretion

I took the dog for a walk when I got home from work yesterday. It was cold, but I was bundled up right nicely. The leisurely stroll was going just great until I bumped into running. We made eye contact and each went on our merry way. I thought about running a bit and how I missed it, but that I was also enjoying my time alone, my time without running.

A few minutes later I saw running again, and before I knew it we were half a mile into a new relationship with each other. Running and I were getting along so well, we might as well have been teenagers making out at the back of the bus on the way to a school trip to the state capital.

It was a carefree time together. I didn't mind taking numerous breaks for the dog to roll around on dead leaves, and running didn't mind that I had to slow things down about after the first 2 miles.

Running and I have a tentative date for tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Good luck with that date!

Laurel said...

Running can be such a dirty whore sometimes. Glad you two kissed and made up ;)