11/28/08

MWF looking for recipes involving leftover turkey

Our simple little Thanksgiving was all I had dreamed of and more. I got up and ran the Grateful Gobbler. There was an excellent turnout, and the run was nice and low key. No timing chips or race numbers. My very very unofficial time was 30:12 - I forgot to start my watch until the half way point, and there was no actual "ready, GO" start. We all just started shuffling together and then we were off. But the clock and the finish line said 30:12. And I'm not sure if it was 3 miler, or an actual 5K. I met up with a friend and we discussed the awesome-ness of the event's (long-sleeved!) shirts. It was a fun time, and I hope something that I can make a tradition.

I was home by 9:00 and spent the morning with the dog and the Hubs. Our empty campus at the moment means that we can go out for long walk with the dog, sans leash. So we did that and he very much enjoyed himself and wore himself out with a few dips in the river and "running like a puppy" episodes in a sand pit.

Our way-to-big-for-two-people feast was delicious. We ate about an hour after we had planned, because somehow the oven got turned off (maybe while I was making the potatoes on the stove top?) and for about 45 minutes we weren't "cooking" the casserole and dressing, so much as we were "letting them just sit in the warm oven." But we pinpointed the issue and lunch was ON!

We ate, we cleaned, we napped. We drove out to the BFE (that is in north Georgia, just on the other side of the TN/GA state line, in case you were wondering) to spend some time with friends. We watched baskeball. And football. We ate pie. Home and in bed by 10.

I want for little, and I know that I am blessed.*


*with thanks to Melanie over at Life is a Marathon for the one-liner. I saw it on her blog the other day, and it has stuck with me

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Great job on the race! Sounds fun!

I am making Turkey Pot Pie tomorrow night. Yum!

Melanie said...

:) Thanks for the small shout-out. It's always nice to know that on occasion something I say means something to someone other than me.