1/30/09

Empire Run Up, here I come


Well, as is want to happen on Thursdays, the first part of the week caught up with me and knocked me into a sleepy haze for the day. In a few days I am leaving (on a jet plane) for a week in Ireland with some girlfriends, so of course I have tons of work to do. My boss however sent me home after lunch. Man, I must have looked rough. I know he was planning on bailing out of work early as well, so maybe part of it was so he wouldn't feel guilty for it. And we are going to be working all weekend long. ANYWAY, I never got my workout in this afternoon. I could have around 5:00, but I chose to go to a swim meet and spend some time with the hubs. The workout can wait.

I had dorm duty tonight. In a building with four floors. So at 11:00, after all the kiddies had turned their lights out (I have to be "on duty" in the lobby until midnight), I ran the stairs a few times. Seven times I think. It was actually pretty hard and I had the jelly legs a bit when I was done. At least I feel a little less guilty now. And the challenge of the Empire Run Up is a bit intriguing now.

No comments: