1/23/09

A New Marathon

Well, I am now training for a new marathon: motherhood.

I was going to keep the news under wraps for a while longer, but word got out in my real life, so I figured I would go ahead and reveal here. Hubs and I had hoped to wait until I got all the way through the first trimester to do a big reveal of the news, but some of his swim team kids overheard some loud adults who were in-the-know speaking of it. When keeping a secret, be sure middle school girls don't get wind of it.

I feel really good. A bit too good, I sometimes fear, although many women I know have admitted to me that they felt great for the early parts of their pregnancies as well. No morning sickness, no exhaustion, no aversions or cravings (except maybe a beer now and again). I have been running and working out about four days per week. My doctor is AWESOME and a runner herself. She said all the stuff about keeping your heart rate below 140 was crap - I will know when I need to let up. The other day I was quite steamed at my mother and went out and ran my fastest 5k in at least a year.

I am due in mid-August and I have a feeling I will be making use of all the pools I have at my disposal for the last 3 months of this pregnancy!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! So exciting.

And keep on running... my mom went running the day before I was born.

Melanie said...

Holy crap, how exciting!!! Congratulations! I have full intentions of running when I'm pregnant some day. I hear so many good things about it. Looking forward to hearing how things go over the coming months.

Laurel said...

Holy crap! There is something in the blogland water! You are the THIRD blogger in the past month to post an ultrasound!

Congrats! That's great news!

My Life said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

:D

Yay!

xoxo,
Auntie Gnumoon

audgepodge said...

Wow - exciting news! Congrats!