2/19/09

Heartrate above 5o for the first time in a while!

So I never did go for that run on Saturday. Or on Sunday. On Sunday my body decided to finally start acting pregnant and I slept. Oh how I slept. But on Monday I went to the cardio room. I was a bit rusty and ended up calling it just after two miles. I wanted to keep going, but I just had the lead legs bad. I finished up my workout with some leg lefts and planks.

Tuesday I made it back to my first kettlebells class in about three weeks. It was a short class but I did tons of swings and squats, and mostly with 35 pound weights. I did however drop down to the 18 pound (and even 12 pound) kettlebell for some of the arm stuff. I am trying very hard to find my "I'm pushing myself" vs. "I'm pushing my pregnant-self too much and need to lay off" place. I think I am figuring out my stopping points though.

I rested on Wednesday and hit the treadmill tonight for three miles. It was a good three miles. It took me 36 minutes and I had to drop it down to a walk for a bit around the 2 mile point, but it was good nonetheless. I really noticed my belly for the first time. I mean, I know it's there and all, I can tell that it has changed a bit, but as I was running I could feel it and tell more easily that there was something there. The rest of the time I can still suck in a bit - and I kind of have to do that, as I am being cheap and wearing any pre-pregancy clothes as long as possible. But while I run, it's out there (just a teeny teeny bit) and I can tell it's there. This may sound like all kinds of rambling, but I guess this might be the case for lots of women who witness thier bodies change like this for the first time.

I swear Ireland pics are coming up!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Glad to hear you are able to keep up with the workouts. What an exciting time!

My Life said...

Where's the Ireland recap?! ;) And have you heard of something called the "belly band" ?? My self-proclaimed cheap friend used it so she could hold off buying preggo pants. It goes over the waistband of your regular pants and holds them up...?