10/9/09

exhale

I feel as though I made that last post two years ago instead of two weeks ago. It's been a busy time here, and (thankfully) the baby is changing quite a bit. She's actually smiling now and being as social as 8 week old babies can be. Whatever it is that she's doing, it's working. I've stopped resenting (and sometimes worse emotions) her. Slowly I came to like her, and today, in my jubilation at the fact that she was napping in her crib FOR TWO WHOLE HOURS, I realized that I had just been staring at her sleeping for a good five minutes. Some mothers feel that bond the minute their new baby is placed on their chest. I am content and will sleep well tonight knowing that my daughter and I are getting there, slowly but surely.

2 comments:

aerorunnergirl said...

Hang in there! I don't have any kids, so I can't speak from personal experience, but many of my very best friends have had a similar experience in the beginning. It will definitely get better!

Laurel said...

I love the honesty of this post. You're right. Not every woman has that instant connection. I think about that a lot now that I am pregnant and wonder how it will be with me.

Glad things are progressing smoothly and you are enjoying getting to know each other. :)