12/14/07

A run on gameday

I got in four good miles this morning. It took about 47:00, and that includes about 5ish minutes of walk breaks. I have discovered that if I get a little more bounce out of my right knee, the left knee hurts less on my footstrike. While I love the relief this "technique" brought me, I realize that it can't be good for the right knee to do so much, and it's probably not a reasonable option for a whole 26.2.



In other news, it's gameday! The Mountaineers have made it back to the Championship for the third time in as many years, and as luck would have it, my hometown happens to be the host town for the event. And I will be working the game too. So not only do I get a primo seat in the press box out of the cold, I get paid to be there! The downside to this is that, despite the fact that my crew is closed off in teeny booth, I will still have to display some professionalism and not cheer - technically I am working for the host school, and this is technically a neutral site. I also won't get to do any tailgating, but I might get a chance after my production meeting to bum a beer off of some generous fan in the parking lot.

No comments: