12/18/07

Igleseias of Patellus

I ran 6 whole miles today. Well, actually 5.84 whole miles, but I am rounding up. The knee hurt pretty bad for the first two miles, but then it felt okay - it hurt when I was done, but it wasn't excruciation while I was running. I ran 30 minutes, stopped and stretched for about three minutes, and then headed back home. My time for the return trip was about 31 minutes, so I kept my pace about the same. I was giddy.

Towards the end of my run I was thinking about what to write on my blog about the run today. I started to make up a Patron Saint to thank for my healthier knee. His name was to be "Igleseias of Patellus." WELL, turns out there is already a Patron Saint for stiff joints (Werenfridus, who gets cool points because of his supa-awesome name), and a Patron Saint of Knee Diseases, Roch. Look at his statue, he's showing off his spectacular knee. He must be a busy Saint. Check out the rest of his patronage:

bachelors; Barano, Italy; Castropignano, Italy; cholera; Constantinople; diseased cattle; dogs; epidemics; falsely accused people; invalids; Istanbul; knee problems; Labico, Italy; Orsogna, Italy; Patricia, Italy; plague; Pozzi, Italy; relief from pestilence; Rocca Priora, Italy; diocese of Tagbilaran, Philippines; skin diseases; skin rashes; Subic Bay Freeport, Philippines; surgeons; tile makers
So thank you Roch (also known as Rocco, Rochus, Rock, Rollox, and Roque).

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Yay for a pain free run.I envy you!