1/9/08

Packing and checking the weather

Egads! The forecast for Sunday in Orlando has changed AGAIN. The expected high is back up to 75, up from the listed 72 that I saw late last night. But 75 is better than the forecasted 80 that was listed a few days ago. I will be checking again in about 15 minutes (and at 15 minute intervals for pretty much the next 4 days), so there is hope I will see another downswing in the temperature.

I have settled down significantly from the other night. Right now I am just working on logistics - reservations for parking at the airport, reservations for the dog to board, laundry, printing out all my paperwork, and making a packing list. The packing list is tricky. I am not really worried about bringing the right kinds of clothes for the run (assuming the forecast stays about the same) - shorts and a singlet. It's going to be chilly in the AM, but I will just wear a supa-fly trash bag to keep warm before I start.

As embarrassed as I am to admit this, I can't decided what shorts to wear I wore black shorts and a white singlet for the half marathon - BORING! I have two pairs of Nike Tempo shorts that I love, but I am afraid that they might cause some chafe-age. I have my loverly New Balance running skirt that is quite comfortable, but it doesn't have a pocket. Decisions, decisions. I mean, I will need all the help I can get to look cute in race pictures. My pictures from the half were pretty bad, so one of my goals (aside from completing a marathon) is to have some good snapshots.

5 comments:

My Life said...

You could wear the skirt and buy a little amphipod or something at the expo.... ;)

Countdown is on!

Laurel said...

DO NOT wear anything that will make you chafe. Trust me on this. Wear what whatever was most comfortable while training. Don't be embarrassed though. I think secretly we all want to look gooood in our race photos ;)

Remember to drink a lot. It's still a bit humid down here. But don't worry too much, the weather is pretty mild right now. You are going to do great!

Have fun and good luck!!!

aerorunnergirl said...

Oh, I wish I was doing this this weekend. I'm so jealous! You're going to do great!

DiamondPrincess said...

I'm sure you will look cute in your pics...I wish you much success...and have lots of fun!

Unknown said...

It's 10:09 am on Sunday.
I'm sitting here in my PJs, drinking coffee, being a slug, and hitting refresh on your tracker page every few minutes.

Hope all is going well down there in the Magic world of running!

I'm so proud of you for doing this. I don't know if I told you that, but I really am.