1/7/08

Pre-marathon "I'm freaking out post" #1

I have been supa-dupa calm about the upcoming marathon. People this weekend were like "wow, you are doing a marathon on Sunday. Are you nervous?" And my reply was, "no, not really." In fact, I wasn't nervous, scared, excited, or ANYTHING about it. It was just something on my calendar. A big something, but just the word "marathon!!" written in ball point, and run over by a highlighter.

I just got off the phone with my wicked awesome sister-in-law. She is an employee of Disney and she got us a wicked awesome discount to stay on site for the marathon. Well NOW I am excited (and nervous and scared). Like I hung up the phone and was bouncing off the walls. I pulled out my race information packet, looked at the course map, and muttered, "I'm going to die" to my husband. He said all the right reassuring things to me. What a good man, that Hubs of mine.

**I am also on my second (or third?) glass of wine, so that is my excuse for typing the word "like" as many times as I did in this post

3 comments:

My Life said...

Just focus on the excited part... no nervousness needed. Take one mile at a time and you will run a wicked awesome marathon! ;) Have fun!

KdoubleA said...

take it easy and you'll be fine. You really just want to finish with this being your first marathon. I'm no coach, but from my experience you don't really want to push until after mile 20. You're going to do great.

aerorunnergirl said...

You're going to do great! Best wishes to you in Orlando this weekend. I can't wait to read the post-race report! You'll be amazing.