2/19/08

I wish I could quit you, treadmill

Dearest Treadmill,

I know there has been quite a bit of 'distance' between us as of late. Just this time last year, we were happily spending miles and miles together. Then came the warmer weather and my need for a change of scenery. I fell in love with the places called The Greenway, The Riverwalk, and The Cross Country Trail. I tried to come back to you on the warmest days of the summer, but I just couldn't - I had changed. "I'll be so bored," I thought. "Even with the four televisions and the radio set to that obnoxious 'light favorites while you work' station."

I eventually found myself back in your home, but ignoring you in order to spend time on the elliptical and the stationary bike. I know that hurt you.

But today was so nice. Just like old times. We spent 31:00 wonderful minutes together. Thank you for that. Perhaps we can rekindle our relationship again. If only until mid-March when the weather in nice again.

1 comment:

My Life said...

Be gentle with treadmill's feelings... you don't want him to show you his vengeance by skidding you off...

Love the new profile pic!