2/16/08

Hootie


My dog is awesome.

Sure, there were the times he ate Gnumoon's sunglasses, my sunglasses, Gnumoon's husband's dress shoes AND flip flops, one-quarter a queen-sized fleece blanket, etc... There was the time he peed down the Hubs back (which was really funny for everyone except the Hubs). Oh, the time he chewed clean through subwoofer power cord. He has also left several magazines and DVDs in his wake, including Season 2, Disc 1 of Chapelle's Show and some subtitled artsy movie (thank you Netflix for just letting that one slide by). And then there's the small fortune at the vet for this, that, and the other. But he is still awesome.

This morning's show of awsomeness involved being such a complete whiny pain in the ass that the only solution (short of a trip to the pound) was to take him for a run. We covered 3 miles in 33:00, and I think we both have one foot in the grave to show for it.

So a special thanks to Awesome Pup for getting me off my behind and making me run today. I feel better for it and I'm sure you are happier too.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice lookin dog. Sounds like a bit of a handfull, but those make the best stories.

My Life said...

Ohhh what a sweetie! You're a very lucky one to have a dog that gets you running. Our pug barely makes it around the block before she overheats...

Unknown said...

He ate my Clinique eyebrow shaper as well. I think of him every morning when I pull the little brush out of the chewed-up aluminum casing. :)