4/23/08

But Wait! There's More!

Since I started this running thing last January, it has been a goal of mine to try to keep my feets pretty. Luckily, my whopping 15 miles-per-week doesn't screw them up that bad. But one toenail did turn purple after the marathon. I have been waiting for it to fall off for four months now. But I re-did my nail polish the other day, there wasn't even any sign of my blackened toenail - just a normal piggie. I had been so hopeful, in a sick and twisted way. Then completely out of left field, my middle toenail on the other foot has started to pull away. I have it trimmed down and it is about 1/32nd of an inch wide, but it is still there. I think this one may only be a matter of time.

So while I still have all 10 toenails, I will keep them polished and as pretty as possible. But what about my dry, flaky heels? I'm glad you asked! At Walgreen's the other day I simply could not resist the impossible-to-open plastic packaging or the $9.95 price tag of the PedEgg. I have watched the commercial several times, I am have been intrigued. I came home, tore open the plastic packaging, and VOILA my feet were beautiful. Well, it may have been more involved than all of that, but it was really easy, and it worked very well. If you have seen the commercial, then you should already know of the grossness that is "emptying out the shavings." I gagged a little bit when I took the thing apart to see all of the little pieces of what I had sloughed off my feet. I was also a little impressed.

So if you have $10 to spare (and who doesn't these days, what with everything else being so cheap) and you want pretty feet, I highly recommend this little gadget. I'm going to go put some sandals on now.

1 comment:

My Life said...

Hey you... finally catching back up! And glad I started with this post... a topic dear to my heart! Lucky you with all your toenails still. Just lost my first... ick.

PedEgg is worth it?? Hmmm... might have to make a drugstore run tonight! ;)