5/12/08

Your Listen-at-Work Station

At 10 o'clock Friday night I remembered that the next morning was a four mile race that I wanted to do. Since I had been going all night on the super-healthy pre-race meal of lots of pizza and beer, I decided to skip it.

I did get a really good 5.25 in today. I don't know what it was, but today was one of those "Wow, I've only gone five miles? I feel like I could do five more," kind of runs. My pace was only 10:30 for the whole thing, so I obviously didn't push it too much. I guess it could be qualified as an Academy Awards Speech Run, as I was only shooting for 4 miles, but I added some on because I felt so freakin' awesome.

I was very excited last week that the Hubs was going to start a little running routine. He is now on day four of running and he even got up to 30 minutes on the treadmill. While I am very happy for him, I am kind of un-thrilled about one aspect of the whole thing: the (not so) hostile takeover of my iPod Shuffle. When he told me he wanted to run a bit, I readily offered it and even offered to put some of his extensive JOURNEY and CHRISTOPHER CROSS collections on it.

Man, what a mistake that was. This weekend he pulled out this giant plastic bin full of CDs of really bad music (That's not fair. It's not bad music. I just don't like it). Music that has now polluted the pretty pink Shuffle. I admit to enjoying some Steve Perry, Steve Winwood, and many "light favorites while you work" every now and again (Wheel in the Sky = awesome). But my running playlist is now 127 songs long of mellow hits and/or power ballads. I just left it at home for the run today. I will admit though that I want to spy on the Hubs one afternoon to see if he does all-out white boy air guitar while on the treadmill. I bet he does.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guaran-damn-tee he does the white boy air guitar.

My Life said...

I just love the fact that it's pink not fazing him from taking it over ;) && how can you NOT love a little Christopher Cross on your playlist???

Great job on your running lately - you're such a rock star with those 4 & 5 milers!

Megan Hall said...

I suspect I know what he'll be getting for the next gift-giving Hallmark holiday that comes your way...

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your hubby may need a shuffle of his own. They're down to $49 now so I totally bought one even though I already had a nano. It's so small and easy to run with!