8/3/08

What to do?

The first day of school is two weeks from Tuesday (Hubs birthday is also that day). So we will be getting our summer vacation in finally this week. On Tuesday we head to the Branson/Reno/Vegas/Atlantic City of the Southeast, that monument to tourism and airbrushed license plates and t-shirts, Gatlinburg. I grew up about an hour from there, so while this will be my eleventy-billionth visit, it will be a first for the Hubs. We have a few days of shopping, eating, and funning planned, topped of with a visit to Dollywood and the neighboring Dollywood Splash Country. Hell si.

From there we will head further east to spend a few days at the lake with the family. It is always a fun, relaxing time, and this year should be no different.

While I was at the lake last year, I made a visit to the internet cafe and registered for the Disney Marathon. This year's marathon is only 75% full right now, and I have been entertaining thoughts of trying it again. I pulled out some of my running books, re-read my training journal and my race report, and I am still on the fence. I would begin training on September 1, if I decide to go through with it again. Decisions, decisions...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do it! Do it! :)