6/5/09

30 weeks today. Most likely anywhere between 8 and 12 weeks (please be 8 weeks, please be 8 weeks) left to go. Still feeling really good. I have discovered that I actually need to get a workout in to keep up this whole feeling good thing. That, or I have to do absolutely nothing all day. If I just have a normal day, sans workout, I feel like ass by bedtime. BUT if I get 30-40 minutes on the elliptical in there somewhere, I feel okay. Also, if I get that workout in, I don't feel guilty when I have my daily milkshake. And I have my daily milkshake no matter what.

I decided to hop on the treadmill today, just for old times' sake today. I really didn't want to run (too much weight up front to jostle around), but I was a bit bored with elliptical. I had seen a "sure to burn away your fat butt" kind of routine in a Prevention Magazine that I picked up at the doctor's office a while back, so I kind of tried that out. Walk slow for a 5 minute warm up (I went at a 3.8 pace), then jack the elevation up to 15% (also called "as high as the machine will go"), take the speed down to 2.0 pace and do lunges for 2 minutes. Then take the elevation back down a bit, speed it back up and walk at a brisk pace for 3 minutes. Lather, rinse, repeat that routine a few more times. I thought it would be a pretty easy workout. Well I had the jelly legs when I got off the treadmill. I looked kind of like Simon Pegg's character from Run Fat Boy, Run after he does the spin class with Hank Azaria. I'm sorry I doubted you, treadmill. I won't make that mistake again.

We go to a childbirth class tomorrow. Some friends of ours went to this same class a few months ago and they assured us that it wasn't too boring, and that there were plenty of snacks and free stuff. We are really just excited that there is a Chick-Fil-A across the street and we will stop there for probably both breakfast and lunch. I may have two milkshakes tomorrow.

No comments: