7/24/09

Day 2

I will start this post by saying that I actually did get up before the alarm at 6:30 yesterday morning, walk the dog, shower, PUT ON MAKE UP, wear real clothes, and go to work for a few hours. I was spent by noon though and came on home. Times like now I am rather thankful I have a redonkulously flexible job.

I lunched, napped, walked the dog again, paid several bills (which I did online - not a very strenuous task). THEN the boredom hit. So I went up to the bebe's room to see if there was any errant tag I may have missed, a manual yet to read, or a gadget yet to be fiddled with. I opened the closet and spotted the Moby Wrap. I have no clue where the name is from, but I am thinking it has nothing to do with the musician.

It's basically a long-ass piece of stretchy fabric. And I'm pretty certain the technique is centuries old. Even my rudimentary sewing skills could produce this product. But I registered for it anyway. I've heard it can be quite confusing, but trusty youtube had some instructional videos and I figured it out on the first test drive:

(yes, those are the same clothes as the picture from the day before. And those are the end credits to M*A*S*H*).

So I got the thing on, but then there are a bajillion different ways to insert your baby. You can go with the Hug Hold, as shown above. There also the Lotus Hold, Kangaroo Hold, the Hike Hold, the Cradle Hold, etc ...

Wait a second, I don't have a baby yet! How was I able to pull off this practice session? With a 26-year-old Wicket the Ewok stuffed animal!

(new episode of M*A*S*H* starting in the background).

No comments: