12/21/07

3.34 miles today, in about 40 minutes, and maybe 4 minutes of that was walk/let the dog do his business breaks. I've figured out that around the 2.5 mile mark is when my knee either stops hurting somewhat, or I have just gotten used to the pain and I don't notice it anymore. Everyone has told me about the adrenaline on race day and how that really helps. I am very much looking forward to the adrenaline thing.

On either tomorrow or Sunday I am shooting for 17 or 18 miles (how's that for a rock-solid training schedule). I was supposed to do 22 tomorrow, but that was on the original training plan, and that has just gone out the window. I have no idea how long it will take, but I am going to be uber-diligent (how do I make umlauts to put over the word uber?) about taking it s-l-o-w and taking walking breaks. I'm not thrilled about slowing down, but I think it is the only way.

1 comment:

adamhill said...

I signed up for the CM Marathon!!!!
Yikes. My boss and my company are ABOUT IT.
Should be fun.