1/1/08

Happy New Year

Here's to a happy, healthy 2008!

My New Year's Eve was absolutely nothing like the photo to the left. I was asleep by 10:30. I vaguely remember saying "Happy New Year" when the Hubs came to bed at 12:30. I also remember asking about the outcome of the Peach Bowl. EXCUSE ME, The Chick-Fil-A Bowl. I love and adore the Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuit. That, plus a Coke, make up one of the best breakfasts ever. But it's the Peach Bowl.

On the running front, things are going as well as possible. I got a Forerunner 205 for Christmas, and as I suspected, having a new running toy is a great motivator to get out and run. I have been wanting to put it on my dog so that we can find out just how fast he runs when he does what we call "the puppy run" or "the butt tuck run."

For the most part, I am in self-preservation mode - stay healthy enough to still be excited about doing the marathon. I am not going to get the finish time that I was hoping for six weeks ago, but it should still be fun. Twenty-six-point-two of fun!

More to follow soon. I have an exciting day of sitting on the couch watching football planned.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Happy New Year!!!

Runner Leana said...

Terrific Christmas present! I love my Garmin, and it is a great motivator. Hard to believe the marathon is so close....I leave tomorrow night!

I am staying on site at Saratoga Springs, and my understanding is that the buses run from 3-4 am. I have heard that you don't want to wait to catch one of the last buses. Apparently road closures start at 4:30 am so regardless of how you get there, there is definitely some waiting around at the start. I guess it is a chance to hit the porta-potties a few times. You could drive, park at Epcot and nap in your car if you were wanting to get some extra sleep though.