3/8/08

I have been quite wishy-washy lately, especially as far as running is concerned. I have been meaning to go for a run since Thursday. But I haven't done it. Maybe it's the weather. I haven't registered for the half marathon yet. That doesn't mean that I won't register for it (assuming it doesn't fill up). I am still in decent shape - well, shape-enough to be able to run the half. If I get to the training that is. But I am wondering if maybe I really do need to step back a bit. I did just run a marathon two months ago. Or is that argument just rationalizing me not doing the half? I am a very good rationalizer. It's a curse, really.

Whenever someone asks me about how to become a runner (because I'm such a pro), I always say the best way to keep with it is to register for a race. I should heed my own advice, I know. I don't like being this whiny, really I don't. But the ol' blog tends to get the brunt of it.

We watched Elizabeth: The Golden Age last night. I am a sucker for sweeping historical epics. And Clive Owen is in it - always a good sign. I have now moved the Tudors, Season One to the top of the Netflix queue. We did just finish Rome, so I guess it's time to move up 1500 years.

2 comments:

My Life said...

You are either needing a break or need a big kick to get you back out there... sign up for that race already is what I say! ;)

I am suuuuch a lover of the Tudor era too. Since we missed out on Season One of the Tudors being overseas I'm loving DVR and reruns!! I am hooked!

Now go run!

adamhill said...

Come on it'll be fun. You can stand around with the Nelson gang. We'll have burgers and beer afterwards!