3/20/08

Mad Thursday


I love today. And tomorrow. While college football is my usual favorite, for these two days I love the basketball. I love the underdog. But from my bracket, the underdogs are all gone by the end of next weekend.

I especially loved when I worked in an office in Raleigh how all pretense of actually working these two days was out the window. Half the employees called in sick (some of them suspiciously so after having been sick the week prior, during the ACC Tournament), and the rest of us just sat in the conference room watching games all day. The bosses had no problems with that, or with watching games on CBS.com.

When I worked in an actual college athletic department, it was a given that the TVs would be on, or that we would be at a bar with our bosses watching games. It was actually more the norm for people to ditch work so that they wouldn't have to watch basketball all day.

Being the girl that I am, I tend to make picks based on things like mascot cuteness factor, wearabiltiy of uniform, dickishness of coach, etc...I filled out my bracket last night, and I might still make some changes in the next three hours. Currently, some of my picks are as follows:

First Round upsets:Winthrop over Washington State, Baylor over Purdue, and Davidson over Gonzaga (although I don't consider that much of an upset. Davidson is good)

I really did want to pick UMBC, for having the cutest mascot ever. But I just couldn't do it.

No comments: