9/7/08

New Ride


Check out the new kicks. Saucony Ride. I tried on a pair of Nikes, but I felt like I had two bricks laced to my feet. They really weren't all that heavy, but the lack of padding was very noticeable. Of course my previous pair of shoes, the ProGrid Triumph 4, is the most cushiony shoe on the market, so maybe that had something to do with it. I tried on a few other pairs of Sauconys, but I liked the Ride. The heel had a more snug fit, but the toe box has plenty of room.

I did a little side-by-side with the old shoes this afternoon and they look MASSIVE next to they new pair. Like a pillow with shoe laces and a piece of rubber attached to it. Looking at the tongue on the old shoe was like looking at some old yearbook photo that showcases massive, claw-like bangs. Huge! But they were great shoes and they served me well for the last year/400 miles. Sniff, sniff ...

I took the new purchase out for a spin this afternoon and I didn't notice them at all, which is a good sign. With the spiffy new shoes I did feel kind of like I was in a commercial or something for the first mile, but then the humidity got me and all glamour was gone. I got in 3 miles in about 33 minutes. Not great time, but I'm okay with it.

I am still considering the half marathon in April. I even have a goal for the race, although I dare not mention it right now.

2 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Nice new shoes!

Laurel said...

Nice shoes. I wore Saucony's for a few years. I loved them.